January:- My mom moved up to Seattle to help us care for Owen while I am finishing up my clerkship. She has put her house in SLC on the market and has been staying with us until it sells. It is so amazing to have her up here! I can't even begin to describe how different it is to leave Owen with her all day as opposed to taking him to daycare. I know every day that he is in the best hands and that his every need is attended to. Thanks Mom!

- My birthday (1/18) was great. I gave myself the same present I give myself every year and turned my phone off for the weekend and didn't check email :) Ryan and I went to a fantastic dinner at Lark to celebrate.
- Ryan and I took a much needed trip to SLC to visit friends and family. We stayed for almost five days and got great visiting time in with everyone. We've committed to one another to go there for a visit long enough to travel to the desert sometime this fall. I can't wait.
- Owen started talking in earnest around this time. His first words were mama, dada, gawgee (doggy), and damn (thanks to Grandma Jo---or Nanjo as we've begun to refer to her).
- Owen also got super sick after we went to Utah and got another ear infection.
- Owen is a champion eater. He can eat three eggs for breakfast. (Sound like anyone we know, perhaps his father???)
February:
- The month of love! My mom watched Owen on Valentines Day so that Ryan and I could take the bus into downtown. We went to lunch at the Pink Door, got gelato, loafed around Elliott Bay Book Co. for hours, and wandered around the city all day. We also caught a movie (a rare occurrence for us these days).
- During this month, Owen became adept at pulling up and using anything that would move as a baby walker. He is getting so close to walking, but hasn't taken that first step.
- It has been so amazing to watch his problem solving abilities develop. When he first started pushing his high chair or a stool around, he would get it stuck in a corner or on a rug. He recently started pulling on things that got stuck, or pushing on them from an angle as to move around an obstacle. This sounds like a minor thing, but it really is so cool to watch.

- One of the cutest things that Owen does is crawl to his bookshelf, pull off all of his books, sift through them, select a book (very often it is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?), and do a "three-legged-crawl" over to someone, and hand over a book. He then can read the book for hours and hours, time and time again.
- My cousin Emilie came out for a visit from NYC. The primary purpose of her visit was to confirm that Owen is indeed the cutest baby in the world. (Confirmed.)

- Owen is creeping up on one year now. There will, of course, be an Ode to Owen post around the actual day. I can't believe it's been a year!

xoxoxo
4 comments:
The pictures of Owen are really artsy and I like them. Especially the one with all the food on his face. I'm sure Scott particularly likes the mess.
He is so handsome. I can't believe it has almost been a year.
I'm so excited to hear about you and your family. And yay for Jo!
Yay! I was missing your blog posts. It sounds like you and the fam are doing great.
I'm going to do a Gymboree or Kindermusik party for Margot's first birthday. Owen will have to come. :)
Yay! Your back! I loved seeing you in January - and reading your post made me megsick?
:)
I loved the fact that Owen can eat 3 eggs... and yes, it does remind me of Ryan.
Love you guys
Post a Comment