Of Climbing Age

I put this pic up on Facebook already but had to do a post because I love the look of total exhilaration on his face so much.


Ryan did a climbing trip to Leavenworth with The Chad, Gully, Ms. SSS, and E-Man in July. Owen and I tagged along, but didn't climb as I was still having the first trimester pukies. Owen was really excited and interested in climbing and so Ryan told him that all he needed to get started was a harness. A couple of weeks later we went to REI for me to grab some running socks and Owen made a bee line for the climbing section. He walked right up to the clerk and said, "All I need to start climbing with my Uncle Gully and Aunty SSS is a harness. Do you have it in my size?" The clerk looked at me curiously and then showed us to the kids harnesses. Owen strapped in and never looked back.

4 comments:

hannah said...

Love the picture. Love the story. Hope you feel better soon.

Brenna said...

I tell you... this kid has the genetic makeup of a climber. He was born to do it. Alta will be joining him shortly. Everytime she comes to anything rock, she says "climb?" and tries to start climbing up it.
Love it!

Sarah said...

This pic and the back story make me so happy. Can't wait to hit up some hard sends with Mr. O!

Sizzle said...

He will be great at it. Look at that enthusiasm! So cute.