Last weekend we headed up to Lake Quinault with my mom to celebrate her birthday. We had a great time hiking and swimming in the lake. Owen took to lake swimming like a fish to water despite the fact that the water was brrrrrr. freezing. ass. cold. We had such an amazing time relaxing and chatting and playing. All in all a perfect weekend!
Lake Quinault is a nostalgic place for me as I spent time over many summers there as a young girl. When my mom and I flew to Seattle and drove over to the lake for our pioneering journey to the peninsula it was the first time that I had ever seen a clear-cut section of forest. I remember it being so impactful to me as a young girl (I think I was around 12 at the time), and I realized on our drive this weekend how stirring the image still is.
It was totally news to me, but there is a lot going on politically when it comes to the Olympic National Forest. Not sure if people have heard about the Wild Olympics Campaign and/or its opponent the Working Wild Olympics Campaign. I won't bore you with the details here, but if you're connected to and love the Olympic wilderness, it's worth a little investigating.
Also, as an aside, three cheers for going someplace without cell reception!!!
4 comments:
I've never heard of this place. But it sounds magical. I will have to check it out and maybe go there!
Glad you had a good weekend away. It looks beautiful.
I love that place. Owen is so brave for getting in that water. Brrrr, indeed!
Glad you guys had a fun time. I want to go back there very soon. It is good for the soul.
شركة تنظيف شقق بالخرج
شركة تنظيف بالخرج
شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخرج
شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاج بالرياض
مستودعات تخزين اثاث بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة غسيل سجاد بالرياض
شركة مكافحة بق الفراش بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
شركة نظافة بالرياض
شركة صيانة مسابح بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
شركات نقل الاثاث بالرياض
شركات نقل العفش بالرياض
شركة غسيل كنب بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياة بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالخرج
Post a Comment