
Well, Mr. O is seven weeks old and there is a bit of posting that must be done to catch everyone up. The first few weeks were great, and by 'great' I mean heinous. The O Man pretty much cried non-stop for his first two weeks, that is until Ryan mastered the infamous Five S's. This crying was particularly inconvenient because I am finishing my last semester in law school and Ryan had to return to work the week after Owen was born. All in all it felt like a crazy couple of weeks and life has just been rolling ever since.
In the abstract, finishing law school with a newborn sounded like a good idea, the reality has been much different. I feel like I jumped on a high speed train that was barreling into the dark abyss, and I could NOT have done it had it not been for my mom and my in-laws, all of whom so graciously have traveled to Seattle to relieve me and hold my little Mr. while I study. (Yes, Karen, he still likes to be held the whole time he naps!)

My last law school final ever is on Thursday, May 8, 2008, and I cannot wait. I will most definitely post pics from my graduation.
Turning to Owen, things are going well. He is getting more and more familiar with his surroundings every day, and Ryan and I are finally starting to feel like 1) he knows who we are, and 2) he actually likes us. Also, we are feeling more and more like we can venture outside of the house (both alone and with him!) as his disposition is beginning to mellow. He smiled at Gus post-lick for the first time the other day, which has done nothing more than encourage Gus to kiss O anytime he gets an opportunity. In fact, I picked Owen up from his bouncy chair the other day only to find that his head was sopping wet from dog drool. How and when that happened I will never know...
Other than the new coos, gurgles, growth spurts, and corporate/partnership taxation reading, nothing much of anything is going on around these parts, but we'll keep you posted.
2 comments:
I love him and his money outfit. He is so long and adorable.
I think he looks a little like Uncle Fester in that photo! :)
Post a Comment