#4 Graduation (!)

Yeah for my graduation! Saturday, May 17, 2008, I (finally) received my J.D.---yahoo! Three years in the making, baby. The ceremony was at Safeco field and it was 88 degrees outside (unusual for May in Seattle). We were east facing and it was so insanely hot in our black robes and hats, I could hardly handle it. Through most of the ceremony I actually wanted to throw up. Luckily my family got seats in the shade so Owen was comfortable for the ceremony.


After the ceremony, we went to our house for lunch before heading to Alki Beach for a party me and my girlfriends threw for ourselves and our families. It was so much fun and Owen was the star of the show.

There are so many people that I feel I need to thank for their love and support through law school, but since I don't want to carry on, I'll just name a few.

Ryan - pretty much went through law school, too. He was my rock through the whole process as well as being my cheerleader when the going got rough. I literally could not have done it with out him, and no words I write could adequately thank him.

Mom - of course, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my mom. She pushed me to attain all that I could and believed in me non-stop. She helped plant the law school seed in my mind and made me understand the value of education. She came up and held Owen for weeks on end while I finished up school. (Thanks Mom!)

Grandpa Carl - having him as an example made me realize that I could get my J.D. I don't know if I would have thought of going to law school had I not had him to reference. When things got rough, I just pictured him going through the same thing when he was young with a family, and knew that I could get through it. He has most definitely been an inspiration to me throughout my life and I can't thank him enough.

My in-laws - my parents-in-law and my brothers and sisters-in-law have all been so supportive and enthusiastic throughout this journey. I could hear them yelling for me as I crossed the stage and felt so loved and supported by them. My sister and brother-in-law sent palpable love to me on the 17 from SLC, and I can't begin to say how appreciative I am.

Anyway! That's all I have to say about that.
(Sig)
Meghan J. Eagan, J.D. :)


1 comment:

Aimee said...

We are so glad you are done and that you finished while having a baby.

You are amazing, Meghan!

We love O-man too.