#9 The Greats


One benefit of coming to Utah for an extended trip this summer is that Owen has been able to spend some time with his great-grandparents. I was lucky to have three wonderful grandparents to spend time with while growing up, and I am so happy that they were able to meet my son. Here are some pics of Owen with my grandma Mary (paternal grandmother) and my grandma Deon and grandfather Carl (maternal grandparents). My grandma Deon is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's disease, but when she saw Owen she said, "Well look at him," which has most definitely been the highlight of the trip thus far (not that studying for the bar isn't fantastic).

I love the above picture with Grandma Mary that my dad took where you see her hands, and below is a photo of Owen with my mom's parents.


Things are going well here. I am just smack in the middle of the grind and wishing I could be done. I'm sure that there are hundreds of soon-to-be attorneys feeling the same way. Coming to Utah was a great choice, as I actually feel relatively on top of things (translated as scared shitless but plugging along despite my fear). I long for pleasure reading, making dinners for friends and family, and talking politics (go Obama!).... all in good time.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

i think owen misses us.

you should come home to us.

won't the bar just get here already?

video chat = happy heffernans

Sarah said...

We miss you, Ryan, and the Owen-we've-not-yet-met. I love seeing the pictures too. (I won't speak for Mr. X but I think it's safe to assume...) Anyway, you're an inspiration and a Renaissance woman. Hope to see you soon!

Hobatz said...

Meg:

Fortunately he is leaning left, which is a good sign for the upcoming election. If he was bent right it would be a shabby hootenany!

Tell The peanut Granpa Hobatz loves him.

Hobatz said...

Meg:

At least The Peanut is tilted to the left. Good sign for the upcoming election. Would be a shabby hootenany if he was bent right;-)

Tell him Granpa Hobatz loves him.