#24 Sick Again!

Poor little Owen is sick, sick, sick again! He has been battling ear infections, stuffy noses, and coughs since the end of October. He's tried two different antibiotics, but still seems to relapse when he's done. Right now he's sleeping on the couch with a fever of 100---poor little guy. We're taking him in to the doctor's again tomorrow, I hope she can help get him on the mend once and for all.


Last weekend Ryan's parents were in town. It was great to see them, and I could tell that Owen had a great time with all of the attention. My grandparents were such an important part of my life, I am glad that Owen lucked out in that department as well. We pretty much just took it easy while the Heffernans were in town, we made our way to Gasworks Park, out to dinner, and just wandered around our neighborhood as well.




Owen was supposed to be starting at a new daycare tomorrow. We are still putting him in Bright Horizons, but we are changing locations from Kent, which we loved, to one in Bellevue, which is closer to Ryan's work. Come January, my judge will transfer up to the Seattle courthouse, and we were unable to get Owen into the downtown Bright Horizons in time for the move. The new facility is nice, and Owen's teacher seems fantastic. My mom is headed up to Seattle for the holiday, and I'll be taking a break as well, so Owen will be starting on Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I hope it goes well!




Both Ryan and I are still liking our new jobs. Gus is disliking being home alone all day; he's managed to destroy anything he can get his paws on. He sunk to a new low when he destroyed (by destroyed I mean ate) a tube of Neosporin that we left on the kitchen counter.




Owen now has four teeth. His two uppers have come in and are just so cute. It looks as if he is going to have a little gap in between his two front teeth, which will just be the cutest thing ever. He has also been weaseling his way into our bed at night since he's been sick. He starts out in his crib, and then around 3 or 4 am he starts to cry and won't stop until he bring him in our bed, at which point he simply falls back to sleep. We tried to fight it at first, but, frankly, we were missing too much sleep trying to keep him our, so we've just resigned ourselves to having him in. Seems like every time we start to put our foot down he gets sick again, so we'll see where this goes. I guess weaseling is what separates humans from animals... except for the weasel.


5 comments:

Aimee said...

Great pix of Owen, Meghan. That camera was a worthwhile investment.

We love Owen.

Lost pot luck sounds like the only way to kick off a new season of Lost.

Jeanie said...

Owen is such a cutie! We hope he gets better soon.

Sarah said...

Poor baby... :(

At least he's got the crazy cuteness to carry you and Ry through. Have a great holiday. Mr. X and I miss you!

Shannon said...

I hate ear infections. Parker got them all the time when he was little. IF the ear infections persist GET TUBES! I avoided it for so long. The Dr's said to wait. I wish we would have done it sooner, it was the best thing. It got him out of the continuous pain and we've only had 2 ear infections in (1.5 years)? but it doesn't hurt him cause it drains out...anyway, it's a big procedure for such a little guy, but worth it if they are in that much pain.
anyway, enough rambling...we'll have to talk soon!

Brenna said...

Thanks for the phone call Meghan. I'm glad Owen's feeling better. Great pictures - you'll have to take pictures of my kid someday... see... I'll get you out to Alabama somehow.
Ok... maybe we'll have to wait for Europe. :)
Love you.