#25 Pooptastic

What is a family blog without a poop story? A classier blog than this one, but nothing I want to read. :)




Last Sunday, after we took Ryan's parents to the airport Ryan and I headed out to REI so I could grab a sweater I had been eying. We parked along the curb, and as Ryan was getting the Ergo on, I was grabbing Owen from the car seat. When I lifted him I smelled the Owen Funk so I said we needed to change him. We opened the trunk and I began to unsnap the legs of his outfit. I was greeted with poop running down his leg. ("Loose Bowels" was a side effect of the antibiotics he was on.) Upon closer inspection, I realized that the poop had gone out of every hole in the diaper (read front, back, and both leg holes). To make a long story short, we ended up practically ripping the outfit off of him (so he wouldn't get poop on his face and head) and having Ryan hold him naked in the air outside of REI (in NOVEMBER!) while I scrubbed him down with every last wipe. Of course the second we started doing his, he decided that he had to pee. Good thing we had another outfit.




I had phantom poop smell on my hands for the next twenty-four hours. Gross.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

The blog is now complete with a poop story. Sounds like quite the blow out.

Brenna said...

More importantly... what is LIFE without poop stories?

Love it. Do you remember Dax's poop story? Or Gully's?

I love it!