Cherries in Red Wine: I got four pounds of amazing Bing cherries right at the peak of the season (couple of weeks ago) and put em on up in some red wine with cloves an orange zest. Super simple and super delicious. Now, for some reason, I took on this canning project at 4:45 am on some idle Tuesday before work. Pitting and canning four pounds of anything before 6 am is weird. Me's crazy. Oh well. I think they'll be fantastic over everything in the world, from pork roast to homemade sour cream ice cream. Delightful.


Dimpled Plum Cake: I made a dimpled plum cake. It's friggin delicious. I plan to make more. Everyone should make one. It's an everyday, everything cake. I can't stress this enough. Please make this cake. (Recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Baking book.) Blessings be upon you if you make this cake.


Owen and Buddy: Owen connected with a new friend. Her name is Devin Neko. At a barbeque last Sunday, they fed each other ice cubes out of a table top wine bucket for their first date. Classy.

Owen's Fever: Owen has a viral infection and the only symptom is a fever between 100 and 104. He is still asleep. It's almost noon. Poor little rooster.

Garden Update: Despite his health issues, after a dose of Tylenol, Owen was peppy enough to request a gardening adventure. We watered and gardened and it was fun. My garden stuffs are doing quite well. Pumpkins are huge. Carrots are delicious, tomatoes are ripening, we've been eating homegrown green beans for months, lettuce from the garden is plentiful albeit a little bolty after the heatwave.
6 comments:
I adore you. That is all.
Poor Owen man. I hope he starts feeling better.
The garden and surroundings still looks beautiful as ever.
Cake. Yum.
That's awesome that you finally captured Owen's imaginary friend on film.
The ice cube feeding date? Awesome.
I concur with Sarah. Adoration abounds!
I made a version of that cake, except with nectarines. I died and went to heaven.
Also, I would like to eat your carrots. That sounds dirty, but really, I love me some garden carrots.
The pics of the cherries are amazing. I often start baking cakes with multiple layers around 10pm, and once G and I stayed up until 2 in the morning canning apricot jam. Sometimes you just get in the groove. And I think the kitchen elves that come out in the wee hours appreciate the company.
Post a Comment