I turned 30 on Jan. 18. I got lots and lots of birthday love and had a great celebration that lasted about a week! Ryan and I went to Leavenworth and stayed at an amazing place called the Sleeping Lady. We went cross country skiing for three days and just had general relaxing good times. I had a lovely ladies night celebration during which I sustained a couple of drinking injuries (embarrassing and totally juvenile, but fun nonetheless).

One evening about two weeks ago Owen decided to cowboy up and start sleeping in his own bed. Ryan and I hadn't even mentioned it to him but he just got in one night, organized his stuffed animals, demanded a book, and then said "night night." He's doing really well and only calls out for me to come in during the night a couple of times. I am so glad that we co-slept with him and feel that it was most definitely the best thing for him while we were doing it. I am also glad that he now sleeps in his big boy bed because Ryan and I now sleep much better. I have decided that it's just Owen's cute little personality to do things like that all on the quick. He stopped nursing just one day, quit taking bottles just one day, and stopped co-sleeping in just one day. He must mull over things in his mind and then just execute. Cute little stink.

I am training for a half marathon in Moab on the 20 of March. I have never been a runner so it has been really fun and interesting to push myself in that way. I am still kind of slow but have no problem pounding out the mileage these days. I hate, however, to push the jogging stroller while running.
Ryan started a new job, which he loves, and my practice is coming along quite nicely, which I love. More on everything later I suppose...
5 comments:
So good to see you last night. You're all kinds of adorable.
Can't wait for book club!
Yay! Happy Birthday to you! I'm so jealous you got to go snowshoeing since we here in Oregon have, um, no snow. (Although we do have 3 days of 55 and sunny in February so...) Good for Owen, too, a.k.a. awesomest kid in the Seattle area.
Happy belated Birthday! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time and were spoiled rotten!
It is good to have you back blogging! :)
I look like a gomer in that photo.
Jaren says, "They went to Prison on their vacation?" Ahhh... the military mind.
It's been forever Meg... and I'm back in Bama... missing you more than ever. Utah was not the same without you. Neither was Moab... oh well - next time. Good luck on your half marathon (I'm wishing you this early...we should actually talk on the phone before you race...) Good goal.
So proud of lil' Owen.
Post a Comment