Owen's second Christmas was great fun. We spent Christmas Eve at nice little soiree at our friends Kirt and Diane's house. It was so great to spend time catching up with them and other friends from our Brevard days and also to meet new folks. Kirt made some stellar salmon chowder that I thought about for days afterward.

Owen discovered the joys of cookie dough this Christmas.Now, every time I use the KitchenAid he starts jumping saying "O! O!"
Christmas day was spent just hanging around here watching Owen open gifts and video chatting with his Grandpa Chris and Grandma Karen. Owen got a tricycle from my mom and we went to take him to Lincoln Park to ride it for the first time but he fell asleep on the way.


From Above: Owen opening his first present; Owen opening his tricycle;Owen attempting to use both his ukulele and trike at the same time.
Owen, of course, made away like a bandit, but he was most excited about the present Ryan and I gave him: a ukulele. He was spending hours and hours obsessing over Ryan's guitar so we knew he would love it. He slept with it the first night he had it, and now wanders all around the house strumming and singing songs. I freaking love it.

It was great to have Ryan home from work for the holidays. We had a great time hanging out with Owen (we went to the zoo and rode the trike and just took great advantage of the weather) every day and spending time with friends.

New Year's Eve celebrating started with dinner at Corey's house and ended at an all holds barred blow out at Suz's. I was worried that Owen would be super shy around all of the strangers, but he just wandered around shaking hands and stealing cupcakes. It was such a funny site to see this little toddler shaking hands with a huge group of dolled up adults with cocktails. I loved it.
It has been a great holiday season for us up here in the northwest and I am looking forward to 2010.



2 comments:
2010 is going to be awesome.
a) That last pic of Owen is hysterical. LOVE it.
b) Picturing him playing the ukelele is just about the most adorable thought in the world.
c) Heard you started a firm. Um, what? That is so crazy grown-up of you. Can you pls write about that. Take pics of your office... Breeze says it is ridiculously cute.
d) Glad you had a crazy New Years. But, here's the real test of crazy... how many people did you show your (awesome) boobs to? You know it's a good party when the flashing begins.
e) Merry Merry and Happy Happy to you and Ryan and Owen. Let's have a picnic when we get back. I'll make the jello salad. :) Miss you guys.
Post a Comment