Sometimes I feel like a cussing badass. Like when I run home from work. 4.5 miles. In the freezing, pissing rain. In a tank top. Barefoot.
As I am running by cars at a rush hour stand still I make up conversations people can have about how incredibly awesome I am. They go something like this:
Man: "Um, is that our attorney running down Alaskan Way, in the freezing rain, in a tank top, barefoot?"
Woman: "Oh my gosh, it is."
Man: "I bet the wills and trusts she drafts are as badass as she is."
Woman: "Yup, me too."
I should bring myself down a notch with the truth, though. I was in a tank top because I forgot a jacket and didn't expect the blustery Seattley freezing raininess (dumb). And, I wasn't really barefoot because I was wearing my Vibram Five Fingers. But, I could have taken the bus home instead of running so now I've gone and inflated my ego again.
ANYWAY, this post is going nowhere and is really just a shameless plug for this book, and this book, and these shoes. Make it happen people, just make it happen. Drink the KoolAid! I am. It's so tasty and sweet.
Also, a random plug for eating salad for breakfast. It's my latest obsession because the spicy mesclun mix and arugula in my garden are going gangbusters, so mornings look something like this these days: cut greens, wash greens, fry egg, top greens, eat. Delicious! And nutritious! Unfortunately, I can't yet get Owen to eat it and he still asks for pancakes every morning. Oh well, all in good time.
6 comments:
Whether or not it was intentional you are pretty much a bad ass running barefoot in the rain.
Can't wait to see the garden this year.
I bet it looked like you were barefoot. Totally bad ass. I also was caught in the storm without a jacket because I was foolish and believed the sun (fleeting bastard!). But I did not run. I'll leave that to you.
That sounds like a yum breakfast. I might try that!
I'm glad you like running. In fact I admire people who do quite a lot. But you will never get me to run and be happy! You can't make me! Humph. :)
:)
do you make crispy leeks for the top? if not, then i bet it tastes awful.
I don't have the Vibram's but I've been toe running for the past two years - NO MORE KNEE injuries!!! Love it... wish I had you and your garden here with me. Miss ya!
ps.. you are badass in my book.
Post a Comment