It was a lazy weekend with yum foods from the garden. My mom was in SLC caring for her mother and Ryan, Owen, and I were just loafing around. On Saturday I made "eggs in a nest" with poached eggs on a bed of the last mature Swiss chard from the garden. The only thing missing was home grown eggs; I want chickens in the worst way. I have for a long time now, but out current living situation (townhouse) is not very conducive to keeping fowl on premises. Knowing all too well of my chicken longings, Ryan had a jewelry maker in Portland special make me a chicken ring for our 5 year anniversary. I love it, but it doesn't produce eggs.
I digress.
Bum out of focus because he was
running away from me and I had
manual focus on. Cute little bum!
We took a huge nap as a family, gave Owen a long bath (because he had a poonami), and went for a picnic. All in all a lovely relaxing time!

Also worth mentioning are the following:
1) Sprouted wheat pasta with sauteed pea shoots (garden)
2) Salad from the garden with first nasturtiums (pretty edible flowers that taste like a fresh crack of peppercorn -- yum)
3) Mid-century modern table finally found, bought, and delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Um, can I come over for dinner? That all looks so good! :-)
Yes! Come on over! :)
Your blog always makes me hungry. Beautiful food. Cut bum.
I am so happy you found the table too. I will want details regarding how you found it.
Bum! Also: tell me more about the table!
Post a Comment