I've only been home alone with Owen for a few days now. It's super fun, and I feel super lucky, and blah blah blah, but things are definitely lacking in the area of conversation. At any given moment, Owen and I are engaged in the following conversation:
Owen: "Dada."
Me: "Dada's at work."
Owen: "Dada."
Me: "Dada's at work."
Owen: "Dada?"
Me: "Dada's at work."
Owen: "Nana?"
Me: "Nana's in Europe."
Owen: "Mamom!" (pointing)
Me: "Yes, I'm right here."
Owen: "Done."
Me: "Okay."
Owen: "Done."
Me: "I know, I'm done too."
Owen: (emphatically) "DONE! DONE! DONE!"
Me: "Owen, you haven't begun anything. It's logically impossible for you to be DONE at all."
Owen: "Dada?"
Me: "Dada's at work."
Owen: "Uh-oh!!!"
Me: "I know."
our drive home from SLC. We stopped in Pendleton and had a
picnic at a playground to break up the drive for Owen.
He just walked right up the little stairs and flung himself
down the slide. It was cool to watch.
(There is Gus's face poking through in the pic above. Cute Gus.)
2 comments:
It's ridiculous how much he looks like you. Way to go, Eagan.
um, i love it. riveting convo.
Post a Comment