This is Owen Sunday morning. He wanted to wear Ryan'shat with a bill and ear flaps. I think he looks a little like Elmer Fudd.
We hiked up to Franklin Falls on Saturday and let Owen throw stones in the little pond by the waterfall. We had planned to hike up the Denny Creek trail on Sunday, but my foot was definitely a little worse for the wear. It is feeling better, but it is not yet as good as new (hiking up with Owen on my back was probably not the best idea!).
It was freaking freezing once the sun set on Saturday and all through Sunday morning, but we came equipped with Owen's blue fleece bear suit. Owen went to sleep when the sun went down and slept in until 9:00 am. That's 13 hours---a record for him (and for us since he was born).
It was so great to get outside and spend a night looking at the stars. Owen threw a fit when we started breaking down camp and when we were trying to roll up the tent he started screaming, "NOT done, NOT done, NOT done!" It was a ten minute endeavor to get him in the car and he cried from exit 47 all the way to Issaquah on I-90. He finally fell asleep, but not before a final "not done" whimper. Cute little stinkbug!
I don't know if I'd go back to that area again. It is a little nature area sandwiched in between east-bound and west-bound I-90 near the pass, and there was a hint of white noise from the freeway through the night. We have also rarely, if ever????, camped in a formal campground like that. It's a little contrived, but what are you going to do with a baby?
All in all it was a fun trip. I'm glad we got it in before the weather turns to shit here, which is shaping up to be this weekend. :)





8 comments:
This *almost makes me want to go camping. Just almost though. :-)
Glad you had so much fun!
Really inspiring! I guess camping and babies DO mix. We are forever wishing to spend more time out in nature but the thought of it sometimes seems too overwhelming with a one year old.
And how about those 13 hours! Maybe the solution to all your problems is setting up a tent for Owen indoors! ;)
I love the pictures. I agree with Sizzle. ALMOST makes me want to go. Rock climbing this weekend?
Yeah! Climbing this weekend!
um, the picture of O smiling in the tent? he looks like the happiest little creature on the entire planet. i love it. want to squeeeeze him. but not too hard.
I love camping with the kids- can be hard work but definitely worth it!
Owen makes me smile.
Glad you had a fun time. Winter will be here before we know it.
I love this post! It's got me all nostalgic about the past and excited for our future camping adventures - especially the ones we get to do together.
love Love LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment