A perfect Saturday: We took Scott and Aimee climbing last Saturday. We went to a little manufactured climbing area in Marymoor Park. It was super fun. There are two parks here that offer free climbing on manufactured climbing walls. It is kind of nice because you get to be outside and climb within city limits. Pretty cool. (If you go to the link, you'll see a picture of the area. Please note the fenced around the whole area, which functions much like a play pen for Owen.)
After climbing we rushed home and primped (showered) and headed to our friend Dave's birthday party at Elysian Fields. Taking Owen to a bar (gasp) on a Saturday night was perfect because we wanted to keep him up until 10 pm when my mom got back in town from her trip to Europe. :) As always, Owen was a ham and loved seeing all the people. It is always fun to see so many people from law school because they were pretty much all pregnant with me, so they like to see how much Owen has grown and it makes me feel like a proud mamacita.
It was great to see my mom! Her trip was fantastic and we loved hearing her stories. Owen was more than thrilled to see his nana and stayed awake dancing and laughing with her until 11:30 (eek!).
Play Dates: One great thing about being home more is being able to get Owen together with other little Chiclets. We met Eva and Fin at Lincoln one beautiful day a couple of weeks ago. Last week we went out to Kirkland to visit with Jeanie and Margot. Margot has grown so much! She and Owen played really well together and have very similar temperaments, which makes them fun to watch. When we get back from NYC, we'll have little Owen and Pearl and Owen and Emuna reunions. Fun!

Where the Wild Things Are: Last night we went with Jon and Austin to a sneak preview of Where the Wild Things Are, which was shown to raise funds for 826 Seattle. There was a little Q&A session with Dave Eggers (one of my favorite authors and the gentleman who, along with Spike Jonez, wrote the screen play) and the kid who played Max. I thought the movie was so great. Afterward we grabbed a quick bite at Palace Kitchen, which I had never eaten at before (two thumbs up!).
Garden: My garden is plugging along. My tomatoes are still ripening and the green beans are still going strong. I planted one bed full of fall veggies (kale, chard, radishes, broccoli rabe, frisee, arugula) so we'll see how that goes. We got 5 lovely delicata squash, which we've already devoured (just pop on the grill with some EVOO and salt) and I have two lovely pumpkins all ready for Halloween (and eating!). I've loved my garden so much and I've already been obsessing over seed websites deciding what to grow next spring. Wonderful!





4 comments:
Can't wait to hear your take on the movie. I bet it was so fun to hear from the screenwriter and see the little boy. You will have to give a full report.
Great pictures.
Owen is wise at 1.60 years old. I love that he just sits down and reads a book.
Have fun in NYC. We will miss you.
OMG have FUN in new york!!! love that city.
Amira really wants to go and see the movie, so i wanted someone's take on it. Would it be okay to take Amira, she is 6, we are pretty picky about what she watches?
Have a great time in NYC!
I feel like it may be a bit much for a 6 year old. It focuses on really complex childhood emotions and some of the scenes are a little scary and a touch violent. That is just my thoughts... I would likely wait until Owen was 8-10 until I let him watch it, but I don't have a really good sense of what a 6-year-old is like...
Post a Comment