Unattractive photo Ryan took oncewe realized that I wasn't going to die
this morning and just needed
MORE OXYGEN PLEASE
Number of doctors I have seen in the last two weeks: 5
Number of emergency room visits: 2 (4:00 am this morning was our latest soiree in the Ballard ER)
Number of things diagnosed with: 4
- H1N1 twice
- Pneumonia
- Reactive Airway Disorder (RAD -- or "not-so-RAD" as the case may be)
- A "Z-pack" of antibiotics (as a prophylactic measure that was as effective as a diaphragm)
- Cough syrup without Codine
- Vicodin (to suppress the cough and for the chest pain)
- An Albuterol inhaler
- Cough syrup with Codine (to suppress the cough better than the cough syrup without Codine)
- Tamiflu (for the H1N1)
- Percocet (to suppress the cough better than the Vicodin)
- Clarithromycin (for the pneumonia)
- Prednisone (a steroid to help with the not-so-RAD)
- Valium (a sedative to help with the negative side effects* of the Prednisone)
Number of times I thought I just might actually die: 3
Highest my fever ever got: 104.0
*When the doctor prescribed the prednisone he said that the drug has the strange side effect of 'exaggerating' underlying personality traits. It pretty much sent me into a manic phase where I detailed some scratches on the floor with our Specialty Wood Kit and scrubbed the bathtub until it was glistening clean at which point I was sweating profusely and Ryan had to rip the Soft Scrub and sponge from my hands, which sent me into a coughing fit on the floor. Through my gasps of air I was begging my mom to let me go to the store for bok choy and shitake mushrooms so I could cook a healthy miso soup with buckwheat soba and greens. GEESUS CHRIST!* For the record, Ryan wanted me to mention that he did ask if we could get the Valium in the form of a tranquilizer gun.
13 comments:
Holy Moses, you guys. What is going on inside your body? Please take care of yourself and stop cleaning and just be with the sickness and let everyone take care of you.
We love you so much, Meghan. We will holler up to your apatheist God for a speedy recovery.
The picture really added to the post by the way.
Whoa there, Sicky Spice. Feel better soon.
xoxo.
Valium in a tranq gun. Great idea actually!
Man you are SICK. 104 fever is brutal. I've had it. I would hallucinate some crazy shit. I truly hope you feel better ASAP.
OH MY GOSH!!
I hope you get better soon. Let everyone take care of you and relax as much as you can.
I agree with Aimee the picture definitely added to the post as well as Ryan's comment.
GET WELL SOON!
Oh my gosh, I had no idea you were so sick! H1N1 is scary when it's in the news, but so much scarier when it's a person you know and care about. So glad you are getting better and so sorry for the series of traumatic events you've had to endure these past two weeks. Get better soon!
Thanks for all of your kind words! I have no doubt I'll be on the mend soon. I'm hoping I can get one more novel in before I'm feeling too good.
Holy shite, lady! Stop it!
Seriously, hope this improves, preferably sometime yesterday, and let me know if there's anything I can do.
Wow. You win. That's the best (worst) sick story I've heard in a while.
For the record, I did go buy G some sleeping pills while he was sick with the Latin Flu. Turns out they were Valium. Nighty Night Garrett. They were $0.12 each. Why is it that the entire country of Peru isn't addicted to drugs?
Please hurry up and get well soon. If I were there I'd make you some barley miso soup for sure.
xoxo my dearest.
hey meghan! i just stumbled across your blog via facebook and i hope you feel better soon!!!
regards to ryan and owen!!
rj
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
This is a test monitored by Meg. Trying to figure out how to respond to her blog........
I think if the Valium doesn't work Ryan should go to a burn unit and score you some Ketamine.... that should knock you out.
Sorry you were so sick... hope that's done now.
Love you.
Post a Comment