(I know this is my third post within, like, ten minutes. I just got home from work and Owen is asleep. Snooze little Owen, snooze.)
(Also, yes, our baby takes naps at 6pm so that he can stay up until 10 and hang out with his working mother and father, proud to say.)
Owen has a black eye. He became intimate with the corner
of the ottoman while the top was open. It was really sad,
and I cried, but now I think he looks kind of tough. Aaaah,
the hazards of mastering bipedalism.
of the ottoman while the top was open. It was really sad,
and I cried, but now I think he looks kind of tough. Aaaah,
the hazards of mastering bipedalism.
This weekend Ryan and I decided, for no reason in particular, to take a trip to Leavenworth. Owen had is first trip to the zoo on Friday. He loved it, so we took him again on Saturday morning. After the outing and some brunch, Ryan and I were at a loss as to how to spend the weekend so we packed up and headed out.
The drive along Highway 2 was so incredible and it made me miss my old life (the one where I lived out of a truck, worked in a climbing shop, took road trips every weekend, ran rivers, and scaled the cliffs of the Utah desert... yeah, that one). There was something about the raging Wenatchee River and the landscape in general that made me long for the adrenaline that hits before navigating whitewater rapids, the sound of oars dipping in the river -- dip, swoosh, drip, dip, swoosh, drip -- and the way my fists feel jamming into a perfect hand crack. The most overwhelming feeling was that I want to make sure Owen experiences these things (more on that later).

Leavenworth was funky and delightful. We stayed in a little hotel with a pool that looked out on the river. We took Owen swimming twice, walked around the little Bavarian themed main street, ate schnitzel and spaetzle, and, as seems to be the norm for Ryan and I as of late, found a local winery to do some tasting. All in all, two thumbs up on the weekend.
I like how Owen is pointing his
toes in this picture. So cute!
toes in this picture. So cute!







4 comments:
Your not the only one that missed "your old life".... I miss those days so much it hurts. Actually... now I'm crying. Wow, I really miss you guys. Your right... overdue for a phone call.. and for a desert trip. I'm possibly heading back to Utah in August... wanna wind up there and sweat our asses off together (Ps... I'll be really freaking prego). But I could watch you guys climb! :)
DUDE. We are going to be going to the desert the first week in September!!!! Let's plan a reunion in Indian Creek!
When we move there we will take weekend trips with you. Adventures!
Looks like the family is doing well! I can't wait for you to get another bun in the oven!
It was so good to talk to you last night, I'm excited to see you!
Post a Comment