#61 The Hill (Fresh!!)



Two Thursdays ago I went to the film Fresh with Austin and her friend Courtney. The film was part of Seattle's True Independent Film Festival (not to be confused with SIFF).



I finished my day at work and took the bus from the courthouse to Capitol Hill. I miss living on the hill so much. It is one of those neighborhoods that just has an air about it; I feel so nostalgic when I'm there. I walked by my law school campus, which was where I not only spent three years toiling away on my degree, but is also where I walked and walked endlessly while laboring at Swedish hospital with Owen.



Me and the ladies shared some sparkling rose and a salad at Oddfellows, headed over to the film, which was showing at the Northwest Film Forum, and then ate Molly Moon's ice cream at Cal Anderson Park. Aaaah, what a lovely evening! It was quite possibly one of my best nights out as of late.



The film was so, so good and I highly recommend it. It is about food policy and, although not intended to be so, paralleled the book The Omnivore's Dilemma. The filmmaker was there to answer questions and it was interesting to hear that the catalyst for her interest in this topic was a series of articles on global warming that were published in the New Yorker. She said that after researching the issue of global warming, she felt that farming practices were not only one of the most signigicant contributers to the problem, but were also an area with great potential for change. (Thanks for letting me geek out.)





I snapped a few shots with my iphone to cronicle the evening.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

This sounds lovely!

Brenna said...

Thanks for sharing your geek fest! Wish I could have been there with you. Ps... I made the best Veggie Turkey dinner on Sunday, and thought of you! Yum yum!