
My friend SA left for a vacation without canceling her Full Circle Farms CSA and graciously offered it to Ryan and I. It was a perfect first baby foods box, with plums, apricots, carrots, etc., so today, I went to work making Owen some apricots. They were kind of tart, so I mixed the finished product with some formula and rice cereal to mellow it out. He like them.

Anyway, here is the basic baby food recipe: boil/steam + whiz + dilute with water from steaming or boiling/formula. Be careful with items such as carrots or spinach as they are usually grown in intentionally nitrogen rich soil, so you don't want to dilute the whizzed product with the steaming or boiling water. That's really all there is to it. You can keep the finished product in the fridge for a couple of days, or freeze it in ice cube trays for little frozen servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment