
Well, Owen and I seem to have escaped the bar experience with minimal scarring. Owen was a champ for my mom, who watched him with Ryan's help the whole time I was in Bellevue at the exam. My mom would watch him during the day, and then she would bring him out to the hotel for me to nurse him in the evenings. I have no clue whether or not I passed, not passing is definitely an option (so no encouraging comments saying, "Oh I know you passed!" because you don't), but I put in a great effort, so here's to hoping.
Things have pretty much just been rolling since the exam. My cousin and her partner stayed with us for a week after the bar. We just hung out and read, explored, and played with Owen, who loves his aunties and was sad to see them go. Ryan and I headed up to Sun Valley for a friend's wedding the weekend of August 8, which was really nice. When we got back, Owen cut his first tooth (no sleep in our household these days!) and rolled over on his own for the first time (to his delight).
Yesterday, Ryan and I drove up to Bellingham for a day trip. Owen slept the whole way there, and was pretty much amicable for the entire trip. It is so nice to finally have a baby who can do a few things without melting down (and who takes an occasional nap).
I've attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure! The first one is Owen wearing my graduation tiara that was given to me by my friends Bonez and Drogz, the second is Owen and I on the Bellingham day trip, the one with the green background was taken by Owen's Aunt Emilie, the final one is Ryan and Owen on the Bellingham day trip.
1 comment:
Sounds like life is pretty sweet right now.
I hope you had fun in Bellingham.
Owen is so super darling. Can't wait to play again soon.
Post a Comment