
My mom came up to visit during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, so Ryan and I were able to sneak away to Vancouver, B.C. for our first overnight trip away from Owen. We have both spent nights away from him separately---Ryan when Owen and I were in Salt Lake this past summer, and me when I was taking the bar exam---but this was our first time away together.

We had such a great time. Vancouver is such an awesome city, and feels much more metropolitan that Seattle. We stayed at a great B&B called the Barclay House in the West End and relaxed and read, ate a fabulous dinner, and explored Granville Island, Stanley Park, and the surrounding area of the city. We also went to a super cool Buddhist temple and monastary in Richmond (a small suburb outside of Vancouver). Unfortunately it took us 3 hours to cross the border back into the U.S. Theoretically it would be a great time to read and chat, but Ryan and I were so bugged to be in line we couldn't even talk.


Top 5 Reasons to Move to Vancouver (in random order):
1) Cooler than Seattle because it's in Canada
2) Granville Island Tea Company
3) "Green" graffiti
4) Random art projects on the water
5) A book store that sells nothing but cookbooks
Fun times! It was great to get back to see the little man, we had missed him.

1 comment:
I went to Squamish once, and drove through Vancouver. I just remember it as the city of glass... it was amazing.
Miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment