
Well, I just received word that the King County Superior Court will be closed tomorrow due to inclement weather. I didn't go to work on Thursday or Friday, so this means that I have inadvertently had a 5 day weekend. This is great, albeit a titch stifling.

One great mystery about the northwest is the consistently stupid choices people make when it snows. Seattle folk don't know how to drive in the snow. There are literally abandoned cars strewn to and fro, which makes plowing and sanding a bit of an endeavor. The silence of the snow draped neighborhood is often broken by the sound of someone spinning their tires endlessly in an effort to dislodge their vehicle from a mini-snow bank. Our street hasn't been plowed since this front moved in and we've only driven twice, not necessarily because the roads are that bad, but because people are c.r.a.z.y.
Exhibit 1: Here is a photo from the Seattle Times of somebody darting in front of traffic on an icy road.
Exhibit 2: Here is a bus that couldn't stop on a hill and so he almost careened onto I-5So, here we sit: Sunday night, fire on, bellies full. We've just been hanging around, taking walks to the field to let Gus run free. We were going to have Rik, Eva, Fin, Scott, and Aimee over for dinner on Saturday night, but the weather prohibited such festivities. As a result, I had some lovely little ingredients sitting in my fridge, so I treated Ryan and I to a yummy dinner this evening.
On the Menu Tonight:
Chantrelle Mushroom Risotto
Endive, Frisee, and Fennel Salad with Shaved Parm and Red Wine Shallot Vinaigrette
Desert Yet to Make:
Pear and Cranberry Crumble with Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream (ice cream is made and in the freezer just lonely)
3 comments:
Boo. I am over the Seattle winter. It is cramping my style. Cabin fever has gotten the best of me and my book is all but done. What's a girl to do?
Melt, dammit. Melt. Oh yes, and just stop already.
It's so funny that people have such a hard time driving in snow. I was just discussing a similar thing because people in LA cannot do anything right when rain is coming down here. It's very odd to me. Your dinner sounds amazing, I wish I could come up and dine with you!
As always, you keep me laughing. People here in UT are driving like idiots - because they are not afraid ENOUGH of the snow. "Oh wait, I can't stop immediately at 80 in the snow?"
I'm hungry - what ya makin me?
Post a Comment