#52 The Thing about Fridays...


The thing about Fridays is that they make or break a weekend; how you choose to spend a Friday evening completely determines how long and relaxing you find your weekend. If you are proactive about your Fridays and resist the urge to come home from work and put on sweats your weekend feels infinitely longer than if you simply let the evening fizzle away and complain all night about your work week.



Example #1 - The Picnic: Two Fridays ago the weather was beautiful (finally, but now that's gone and it's gross again) so I hurried home from work and make a quick picnic. Owen, Ryan, and I headed to the park, sat out looking at the water, and munched on yummy food. We then took a long relaxing walk through Lincoln Park and just chatted the night away. By the time we drove home, I was so relaxed I could have sworn it was a Saturday, but, low and behold, I still had 2 days left in my weekend.



Worth mentioning at this point in the post is my
current obsession with green cabbage raab, which is
actually over wintered cabbage that has begun to flower.
Here it is tossed with rice pasta, shallots, and a
nice homemade vinaigrette. Delicious!



Example #2 - Pearl and Owen, Owen and Pearl: Last Friday we headed out to Maple Valley to visit our dear friends Lee and Courtnei. They have two beautiful girls, Pearl and Eleanor (who I've blogged about here before), who Owen had a delightful time playing with. Pearl and Owen were born on the same day, in the same hospital, and Courtnei and I think this means they should consider marriage. It was so nice to leave the city behind and share good food and conversation with friends. On the drive home I felt energized and happy and like my weekend was already well spent and it was only day 1.





Sooooo, let this be a lesson to you. Savor your Fridays!!! This weekend we head down to Eugene to visit our good friends and Owen's adopted Aunt and Uncle (Sarah and Mark aka "Gully").


2 comments:

Eva said...

I seriously need to get some cooking lessons from you. By the way, did you see this article in the Seattle Times about cabbage rabe?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/allyoucaneat/2009206444_whats_in_a_name_cabbage_rabe.html

me said...

No I did not see it! The link is incomplete...