#55 Eugene!
This past weekend Ryan, Owen, and I traveled to Eugene to visit our dear friends Gully and Sarah. The little known benefit of being an only child (as I am) is that you get to choose the aunts and uncles for your children. We already lucked out with Ryan's family, but I've decided that I get to add to the whole aunt/uncle bit, so, Uncle Gully and Aunt Sarah it is!
Owen is literally getting in 5 teeth right now (including his first year molars) so I was worried that he wouldn't do too well on the trip, but it pretty much went off without a hitch (save the fact that he is allergic to the sunblock we put on him and he broke out in hives). We got started down on Friday after work and arrived late Friday night. Owen went right to bed once we got there and slept through the night. On Saturday we had a great time walking along the river and chatting. We grabbed a quick lunch and finished up the day with wine tasting at a trio of vineyards just outside of Eugene.
On Sunday Sarah baked "most-amazing-ever-ginger-scones" and we just relaxed and bullshat until it was time to head home.
Eugene is such a cute town and both times we've been down to visit the weather has been super nice. I love the college feel and how hippie it is, and, now, all of the fabulous vineyards I realize are so close to town. Oh yes, we'll be back, Eugene!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I like how that one picture looks as if Owen and I are having a secret pow wow and Gully tries to pretend there's nothing going on.
It was so great to have you! Hope Gus and Grandma were glad to have you home.
I've never been but have always wanted to visit. Sounds like a fun road trip.
Can't wait to see Owen and all of his teeth tonight.
Post a Comment