
I had such a glorious Mama's Day on Sunday! The morning started early with me making my mama some lovely lemon blueberry muffins. We then packed up and headed down to Olympia for some sea kayaking and grillin with my Uncle Steve (aka The Funmeister aka, to Owen, Uncle Fun). It was so peaceful sitting on his deck and just having a good ol' time.



When Ryan and I were yaking we had two seals that came within five feet of our boats. One just sat there with his little black eyes staring and his funny little nose snorting as he breathed. It was one of the coolest experiences I've had in a long time. Sea kayaking is so awesome and is, to me, the epitome of moving meditation. (Quite unlike my former pastime on whitewater rapids!)



When Ryan and I were yaking we had two seals that came within five feet of our boats. One just sat there with his little black eyes staring and his funny little nose snorting as he breathed. It was one of the coolest experiences I've had in a long time. Sea kayaking is so awesome and is, to me, the epitome of moving meditation. (Quite unlike my former pastime on whitewater rapids!)
Thanks!! to all of the amazing women in my life. I am so lucky to have not only the most amazing mother, but a fabulous mother-in-law and sisters-in-law as well. I was also privileged to know both of my grandmother's well as I was growing up and I have learned more than I can ever say from them. These people only begin the list of amazing women in my life; there are countless more. Cheers to all of you mothers out there!







2 comments:
Looks and sounds dreamy. I love how you explained sea kayaking. Make me want to go and chill out right now.
Owen's face is so cute. I just want to squeeze it.
How fun! I LOVE your Uncle Steve! Owen is getting to be so freaking handsome!
Post a Comment